First Environmental Trekking P. Ltd. has been organizing Buddhist Cultural Tour since its establishment. Buddhist Cultural Tour helps you to explore the history of the Lord Buddha. You will visit the birthplace of the Lord Buddha as well as some Buddhist stupas.
Nepal is the birthplace of Sakya Muni Buddha. He was born as Prince Siddhartha Gautama, in the sixth century on the kingdom of Kosala to King Suddhodana & Queen Mayadevi. The kingdom of Kosala in the modern day is known as Lumbini, Kapilvastu and is situated in Nepal. Gautama Buddha was born as a Kshatriya (warrior clan) prince but gave it all up to seek enlightenment for all beings. Gautama Buddha is now the primary figure for all the people following Buddhism as well as for all other people who follow his teachings and is regarded holy by all people. His teachings, which were first transmitted orally, have now been inscribed and translated in possibly every language of the world. So, being a birthplace of Lord Buddha, Lumbini is considered the holiest site for Buddhist religion. Every year millions of people visit this site to see the birthplace of Lord Buddha as well as the Ashok Stupa and various monasteries.
Places to see in Lumbini:
- Markstone (The Exact Birthplace) of Lord Buddha
- Maya Devi temple
- Ashoka Pillar
- The Sacred Garden
- The International Monasteries Area
- Eternal Burning Flame
- The Lumbini Grove
- Devdaha ruins (Remains of the capital of the Ancient kingdom of Kosala)
Things to do in Lumbini:
- Experience the peaceful, mind settling area of the birthplace of Lord Buddha & visit the holy sites
- Explore the beautiful as well as majestic monasteries set up by different Buddhist countries & sects of
- Buddhist religion
- Visit the Lumbini Museum and explore some antiques from the period
- Take a meditation class in one of the mediation centre run by Buddhist monks
- Explore the local culture by visiting the local villages with a bicycle
***We have different itineraries for this Buddhist cultural heritage tour of Nepal depending upon the time availability.***
Write a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.