First Environmental Trekking & Tours Pvt. Ltd. is a government-registered, independent, eco friendly trekking and tour operator located in Nepal. Since its establishment in 1993, it has always advocated environmental friendly policies. We are a member of several nonprofit organisations committed to protecting the environment and have received several Certificates of Appreciations from organisations such as Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), Kathmandu Environmental Education Project (KEEP), Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal (TAAN), Village Tourism Promotion Forum Nepal (VITOF Nepal), Namlo Nepal, and Thamel Tourism Developmental Council.
All our guides have received guide training certificates from the governmental organisation Nepal Academy of Tourism And Hotel Management (NATHM) and they all have attended and regularly attend environmental awareness workshop as well. Our company also has very good ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor and has been given a Certificate of Excellence by them in 2017.
Here are some of the things we do to practice eco-friendly tourism:
- We encourage the use of bicycles, electric bikes and scooters, and public transportation for traveling.
- While using private transportation, we try our best to use low carbon emission vehicles for our tourists and staff.
- We do our best to use recyclable materials whenever possible.
- We primarily use disposable and refillable bottles.
- We discourage the use of plastic bottles as well as unnecessary use of both plastic and paper in general.
- We give preference to local and organic food and other products and highly recommend our clients to do the same.
- We highly discourage littering the environment and encourage sanitation and cleanliness.
- We raise awareness on climate change and other environmental issues among local people as well as our clients during the trek.
- We try to work in coordination with local government and other organisations dedicated to saving the environment.
- We always try to get local people to plant trees.
- We assist in cleaning trash off the mountains whenever we do any expedition.
- Through trekking, hiking, touring, and adventure activities, we encourage people to develop an intimate relationship with nature and the world around them.