Hiking in Panauti is quite different as compared to most of the short hikes you can do around Kathmandu Valley. While most of these hikes offer you the beauty and glory of nature, Panauti mostly has to offer you its culture and history. It is one of the oldest towns in Nepal and has some of the oldest temples and monuments of Nepal. The Indreshwar Temple, which was built in 1294, and is considered to be one of the oldest surviving temples of Nepal, is also here. There are also holy rivers that are of great religious, cultural, and historical significances. Therefore, if you are interested in exploring the history and culture of Nepal on a very short trip, this hike is perfect for you.
Your trip begins with about an hour’s drive to Panauti, which is about 36 km south-east of Kathmandu city. Once you reach Panauti, your hike begins. At Panauti, we will first visit the Indreshwar Temple. After exploring the temple, we will walk around the streets observing the local culture and people of this region. This place has enough stuff to keep you occupied for a few hours. Once you are done hiking around all the parts of this town, we will return back to Kathmandu.
- A guide
- National Park Entry Fee
- Necessary Transportation by Car or Bus.
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) our staff during the hike
- Necessary equipment for our staff during the Hike
- Insurance and equipment for the Nepali staffs
- Expenses of Personal Nature such as drinks and beverages, etc.
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the Hike.